Saturday, August 21, 2010

"Look to the temple"








Reed has been so great to keep up our blog but I wanted to share a special experience that I had last Sat.   I was feeling a little stressed out because of  a bunch of things coming all at once so got up at 6:00 to walk around the temple.  On my first lap I saw a little guy about 2 1/2 ' tall and kind of chunky running up an incline towards the temple as fast as his little legs would go and his arms pumping.  When we met up he looked at me and then at the temple and exclaimed with a huge smile and eyes shining,  "Mira al templo!!" (Look at the temple)  As I walked on, at first I just thought, what an adorable little boy, but as I kept thinking about him, the Spirit whispered to me that that is exactly what I needed to do.  There is no more important message to anyone than "Look to the temple!" and remember the teachings received in the Lord's Holy House and the covenants made with Him there.  That is what this life is all about.  I am so grateful for this message from Heavenly Father.  Then on Wed. evening we had our last class of Preparing for an Eternal Marriage on the lawn in front of the temple.  Looking into the faces of those valiant young adults I was overwhelmed with such a love for them and a desire that they would each know the true joy of being sealed in the temple for eternity and keeping their covenants.  I am growing to love my eternal companion more and more on this mission!

No comments:

Post a Comment